Neck pain is often associated with poor sitting postures, resulting in tightness of various neck muscles. The upper trapezius is one of many! You can perform this easy stretch anywhere and it should be performed as often as possible.
Upper Trapezius Stretch (see video below)
- Sit on one of your hands
- Tuck your chin into your chest
- Bring your ear towards your opposite shoulder
- For more of a stretch, rotate your neck towards the side you are stretching
- Hold the stretch for 30 seconds and repeat 3 times, at least once a day
- Repeat on the other side!